Sunday, March 20, 2011

Assembly Line Concert Hour 30 - The Anthony/Wayne Project

The Assembly Line Concert, live from AJ's Music Cafe in Ferndale, Michigan has kicked off in its third run at the Guinness Book of World Records attempt for World's Longest Concert.   This is my second year following the concert via U-Stream.  This year's attempt is 360 hours of live, continuous music!  My blog is covering some of the fine musicians I met last year and who will also be appearing this year.

Music From the Mind of ... Z-MAN
 Usually one thinks of memorable performances as being those actually seen.  Not the case as Donald Anthony, a.k.a. Z-MAN, and friends took the Assembly Line Concert stage last year.  I was somewhere else.   Today, I cannot tell you where I was.  But I distinctly remember that when I returned to U-Stream I was greeted with the chorus, "Shay, where were you?  You missed it!  Z-MAN rocked the house!"
This year, Music from the Mind of ... Z-MAN returns to the stage in its acoustic form as THE ANTHONY/WAYNE PROJECT, featuring Donald Anthony, vocals & guitar; Billie Wayne, vocals & percussion; and introducing on vocals, Carolyn Cage. The date is Sunday, March 20 from 10:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m.  EDT.  I will be there on U-stream, in the chat, not to miss a single note this year.
Z-MAN tells me there will soon be an official announcement of the re-recording, re-mastering, and broader distribution of the previous disc,  Music from the Mind of... Z-MAN.  Some of the current music will now feature Carolyn Cage's vocals and Z-MAN himself will be singing lead on some tracks.  This is exciting news for an artist whose music deserves to be heard. 
When I received my copy of Music from the Mind of...Z-MAN, I was expecting blues.  Blues is just the beginning.  This album really does rock the house starting with some cool blues grooves.  One of my favorites is "Shelley's Song."    Outstanding guitar, percussion, and keyboard are delivered on tunes such as "Leave Me in the Rain," "Hide & Seek," and "U Raised the Bar."  There is even some reggae influence in "Good Day."  And the very special surprise tune for me, one of the sweetest jazz numbers ever, "Blues 4 Tazim."

Donald Anthony, aka Z-MAN
The band on the original recording of Music from the Mind of ...Z-MAN features Donald Anthony - Guitar/Vocals, Dan Carter-Lead Vocals, Billie Wayne-Percussion, and J. Emmanuel-Keyboards and other fine musicians, including Tim Reeves and Scott Sumner on saxophones, adding so much to the sound, especially on "Lightning in a Bottle." 

Find out more about Music from the Mind of ... Z-MAN and join us online for a live performance of THE ANTHONY/WAYNE PROJECT!


The Assembly Line Concert
Music from the Mind of Z-MAN on Reverb Nation:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment