Friday, March 25, 2011

The Assembly Line Concert Hours 169 and 173 - "Jason Roseboom"

 The Assembly Line Concert, live from AJ's Music Cafe in Ferndale, Michigan has kicked off in its third run at the Guinness Book of World Records attempt for World's Longest Concert.   This is my second year following the concert via U-Stream.  This year's attempt is 360 hours of live, continuous music!  My blog is covering some of the fine musicians I met last year and who will also be appearing this year. 
Jason Roseboom

I meet incredible people in unusual places.  Jason Roseboom is one of those people.   He is also another person I met solely because of the Assembly Line Concert.    As soon as I met Jason, I hit his social networking sites.  Within a few minutes I was a fan.  Fours addictive hours later, I came up for air.   Okay, I admit, I am a sucker for folkies.  I did not even have to look at Jason's list of influences to know that his musical heroes are artists I look up to as well.
Listening to Jason's lyrics about hate crimes, poverty, hope and hopelessness, and hypocrisy, one hears the influences he cites, from Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger, to Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen.   In keeping with the great poets of folk music, he blends his vocals, which sing of life experience all on their own, with guitar and harmonica.   Some of my favorites of Jason's tunes from his newest release, Kalamazoo, are "I Am Your Son," "Doris Day," and  "The Death of Matthew Shepard." 
You can meet Jason Roseboom  on the Assembly Line Concert 3rd Shift on Saturday, March 26 when he will be doing hour-long sets at 5 p.m. and at 9 p.m. EDT.
"Be strong my friends / Don't let this be forgotten
Brotherhood is a virtue / But hatred is not
We need to remember this / We mustn't lose sight
To win the battle / We've got to win the fight."
- Jason Roseboom, "The Death of Matthew Shepard"

Find out more about Jason Roseboom:
On Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jroseboom
On Reverbnation:

No comments:

Post a Comment